Not-mad Vegas Dave reacts to losing $1 million bet on Miesha Tate at UFC 200: ‘Win big or go home’

 

usa-today-9377700.0.jpgBy Jesse Holland on Jul 11, 2016, 10:30a

Ouch.

Popular sports bettor “Vegas” Dave Oancea nearly put the sportsbooks into bankruptcyearlier this year when he picked Miesha Tate to upset Holly Holm and win the bantamweight title. Naturally, when you’re on a hot streak, you don’t leave the table — you double down.

To the tune of $1 million.

Unfortunately, top ranked women’s bantamweight contender Amanda Nunes didn’t get the memo, and took Tate to the woodshed in the first round of their UFC 200 pay-per-view (PPV) headliner last weekend in “Sin City” (watch the highlights here).

No hard feelings?

“Lose seven figures, just move on until tomorrow,” Oancea wrote on Instagram. “That’s part of the business. Win big of or lose big. Wouldn’t want a different life. Again, I care more about Miesha’s health and well being than the money right now.”

READ MORE: http://www.mmamania.com/2016/7/11/12148510/not-mad-vegas-dave-reacts-losing-1-million-bet-on-miesha-tate-ufc-200-mma

Man marries his smartphone in Las Vegas ceremony

vegassign

Sometimes, you meet the love of your life in unexpected places.

For Aaron Chervenak, his true love has always been right in front of him — right in the palm of his hand, actually.

He married his own smartphone. And he drove all the way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to do so.

“At first it was like what?” The Little Las Vegas Chapel owner Michael Kelly told KTNV. “And then I was like… Alright let’s do it.

Marriages in the city have been silly in the past — they marry pets to each other and they throw weed-themed nuptials.

READ MORE: http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/28/man-marries-his-smartphone-in-las-vegas-ceremony/21420677/

Las Vegas mayor: We’ll have three ‘major league’ teams in 10 years

06-28-2016 Las-Vegas-sign.vadapt.664.high.71

On Tuesday, Fox’s Colin Cowherd asked Las Vegas mayor Carolyn Goodman about the Raiders moving to Vegas. Her answer, is flat-out stunning.

By Aaron Torres
Jun 28, 2016 at 2:22p ET
In news that could, quite literally, shake up all of professional sports as we know it, the NHL awarded an expansion franchise to Las Vegas last week. The team — which will begin play during the 2017-2018 season — will become the league’s 31st team overall, and the first major professional sports team in Vegas period.

It also raises the question: Will the NHL open the doors for other professional franchises to relocate to Las Vegas? Specifically, could the Oakland Raiders end up as the NFL’s representative there? Owner Mark Davis has more than shown interest in the proposition, but many believe that it will never happen, and that he is simply using Vegas to leverage a new stadium in Oakland.

It’s a question that those who live in Vegas have to prepare for, although one prominent local voice believes that not only are the Raiders in play, but potentially more professional sports franchises as well.

READ MORE: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/las-vegas-oakland-raiders-nhl-comments-carolyn-goodman-062816

IT’S OFFICIAL: NHL COMING TO LAS VEGAS

HOCKEY IN VEGAS

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

LAS VEGAS (June 22, 2016) – The National Hockey League’s Board of Governors today approved an expansion franchise awarded to Black Knights Sports & Entertainment, LLC, an entity owned by Bill Foley. The league’s 31st team will begin play for the 2017-18 season at T-Mobile Arena located just west of the famed Las Vegas Strip.

“This is a great day for the people of Las Vegas and it is extremely exciting to deliver the city’s first major league sports team,” said Foley. “This historic news would not have been possible without the overwhelming support of the Las Vegas community, our season ticket holders and public officials at the state and local levels.”

The Foley family, along with the Maloof family, started the effort to bring an NHL team to Las Vegas nearly two years ago. In February 2015, Black Knight Sports & Entertainment, LLC launched a ticket drive to secure deposits for 10,000 season tickets as a way to determine the level of interest and commitment of Las Vegas-area NHL fans. This ticket drive surpassed its goal and resulted in paid deposits and commitments of more than 14,000 season tickets, and a sellout of the luxury suites, the lower level center ice club and the upper bowl. A limited number of season tickets remain available for purchase.

The group also held a variety of entertaining and informative community events, and engaged in a comprehensive marketing program to provide information and help generate excitement for an NHL team in Las Vegas.

 

READ MORE: https://www.vegasishockey.com/news-detail?recordNum=86

 

CllP6BhUgAA3nT5.jpg-large.jpeg

We baked cookies in a car and food on the street in Las Vegas — VIDEO

With the temperatures in the Las Vegas Valley rising to 115 for the first time this year today, we wanted to prove something — that it actually gets warm enough inside a vehicle and on hot asphalt to cook food during the summer..

Here’s what happened when we tried to bake cookies inside a car and make breakfast outside:

Chocolate chip cookies

We placed a tray of 24 cookies on the dashboard of a car with untinted windows just after 1 p.m. They started to quickly take shape after only baking inside for one-hour. The cookie dough partially melted on the short walk from the RJ building to the car.

 

READ MORE AND WATCH VIDEO: http://www.reviewjournal.com/neon/eats/we-baked-cookies-car-and-food-the-street-las-vegas-video

Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas Gentleman’s Club Charity Golf Tournament 2016 Photos

077_2016_golf_tournament_photos

Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas Gentleman’s Club
Charity Golf Tournament 2016 Photos
https://spearmintrhinolv.com/events/

 

 

 

 

DSC_0601

Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas Charity Golf Tournament 2016

SEE MORE:
https://spearmintrhinolv.com/events/

IMG_3459

IMG_3457

DSC_0457

Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas Charity Golf Tournament 2016

SEE MORE:
https://spearmintrhinolv.com/events/

The 5 Best Presenters at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards

bad moms spearmint rhino las vegas

The 2016 Billboard Music Awards featured no shortage of music stars, memorable performances and emotional speeches. But it also contained a star-studded group of presenters hailing from diverse backgrounds. From billionaires to rock stars, here are the top 5 presenters at this year’s BBMAs.

2016 Billboard Music Awards: All Our Coverage

5. Michael Strahan

Heidi Klum and Michael Strahan speak onstage during the 2016 Billboard Music Awards at T-Mobile Arena on May 22, 2016 in Las Vegas.Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Sometimes less is more. Joined by Heidi Klum, the former New York Giants star — and new host — took the mic and simply exclaimed “Hot!” before presenting the award for Top Hot 100 Artist to The Weeknd with a broad grin.

Billboard Music Awards 2016: Full Winners List

4. Mark Cuban

The  star and billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks was recently courted by Republicans from the “Never Trump” movement to launch a third-party presidential bid, prompting co-presenter Miss America winner Betty Cantrell to ask whether he would announce his campaign that night. Cuban chuckled and teased, “Today I am here to announce… this next category.”

3. Bad Moms Stars Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, & Kathryn Hahn

Mila Kunis, Kathryn Hahn and Kristen Bell speak onstage during the 2016 Billboard Music Awards at T-Mobile Arena on May 22, 2016 in Las Vegas.Kevin Winter/Getty Images

The trio of actresses drew laughs by joking that they weren’t actually bad moms because their kids were being watched backstage by Fetty Wap and hanging at Las Vegas strip club Spearmint Rhino.

READ MORE: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/7378450/2016-billboard-music-awards-best-presenters

WYNN TARGETS MILLENNIAL GAMBLERS WITH ENCORE PLAYER’S CLUB

Image

Surrender is about to get a nightlife neighbor when Encore Player’s Club opens this month.

 

Imagine you’re chilling with a few friends and 23 HD televisions with 56-inch screens, at interactive tables surrounded by roulette, craps, blackjack and slots. You might grab your phone to snap a pic of the DJ and make some mobile sports bets while watching multiple games. Even if your teams lose, you can drown your sorrows in a specialty cocktail, snacks from a world-class kitchen and a round of billiards on a white lacquer table straight from the Manhattan penthouse of Steve Wynn.

No, you are not Steve Wynn. But Wynn Las Vegas is ushering in “a new era in casino gaming” with the December 19 launch of Encore Player’s Club. Across from Surrender, Andrea’s restaurant and VDKA bar on Encore’s casino floor, the luxury lounge will be just over 5,000 square feet and designed for millennials.

In a news release this morning, Wynn Las Vegas VP of Operations Sean Christie asserted: “Gaming environments have basically been formulaic on the Strip for decades. Wynn Las Vegas will be the first to offer a new experience in gaming and entertainment on the casino floor by creating a distinctive social space to gamble with friends, watch the game or hang out before hitting the club.”

Christie said Wynn Las Vegas anticipates millennials will be drawn to the experience, which makes sense, given their attachment to mobile devices and aptness to enjoy sitting at Suzo Happ InteractivePro tables that allow for four simultaneous user screens for TV, video and interactive content augmented with eight high-fidelity speakers and plenty of headphone jacks. There’s also a shuffleboard table, bringing low-tech charm to the high-tech room. And days when there are major sporting events, a special menu will be available from Pan-Asian destination Wazuzu.

READ MORE: http://lasvegasweekly.com/nightlife/2015/dec/01/wynn-las-vegas-millennials-encore-players-club/#.Vl4tVulwcWQ.facebook

10 cool things about the new Strip arena

With Eye on Future Foreign Flights, Vegas Airport to Grow

LAS VEGAS — Aug 28, 2015, 9:12 AM ET

Las Vegas plans to double the number of international gates at McCarran International Airport with the expectation that foreign travel to the destination will climb as officials seek out prized direct flights, particularly with Asia.

McCarran International Airport director Rosemary Vassiliadis said Thursday that construction to convert part of an existing link between its D concourse and one of its two terminals into seven additional international gates would begin later this year.

Among the new gates would be one to accommodate a wide-body double-decker A-380 aircraft for the first time at the airport.

“We don’t want them to think they can’t come here,” she said of the airlines flying the massive passenger planes.

Vassiliadis announced construction of the new gates at a meeting of the Southern NevadaTourism Infrastructure Committee, a governor-appointed panel of tourism officials and elected leaders that will eventually determine what travel-related projects needs to be funded by the next legislative session.

The airport had nearly 43 million passengers last year, making it’s the ninth busiest airport in the United States, still far from a 47.7 million passenger peak in 2007.

Boosting foreign travel has been a goal of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. Foreigners accounted for 19 percent of the more than 40 million people who visited the gambling destination last year, according to the agency’s visitor surveys. The number has risen 3 percentage points in three years ago.

Rossi Ralenkotter, the authority’s president and CEO, has said it’s a goal to increase international travel, including a possible program directed specifically at boosting Chinese travel. There are no direct flights to Las Vegas from China as well as Japan.

Asked by Kim Sinatra with Wynn Resorts Ltd. why airports such as Boston’s Logan International Airport could land direct flights to Asia and Las Vegas couldn’t, Vassiliadis said Boston offered financial incentives for the flights.

“It will be interesting to see if the flights stay when the subsidy goes away,” she said, adding it’s a “very, very risky business to get into.”

Design and construction on the extra gates is expected to cost $51 million and the project is expected to be finished by late 2016 or early 2017.

SOURCE: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/eye-future-foreign-flights-vegas-airport-grow-33379371